As a leading provider of flooring for the built environment, Affinity Flooring recognises its responsibilities towards protecting the environment.
Through our own business operations, the suppliers we work with, to the office solutions we provide to our clients, we acknowledge that the environment needs to be given equal consideration alongside other requirements. To support this aim we are a certified ISO 14001 company.
We are committed to:
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and approved codes of practice
- Regularly assess and review the environmental impact of our business operations and keep ourselves informed about relevant environmental legislation and industry standards
- We will adopt working practices to monitor and target our environmental impacts to enable public reporting of our actions
- Through an active environmental action plan we will continuously seek to improve our environmental performance to reduce and prevent pollution, emissions and waste produced by our business, particularly through adopting a strategy of reduce, re-use and recycle
- We will promote environmental awareness among staff, clients and visitors to our offices through the distribution of this policy and the inclusion of environmental awareness in our induction programme for office and site based staff
- We will work with and encourage similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors to our business operations
- We will assist clients to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way
- We will liaise with the local community, stakeholders and key industry bodies to promote good environmental practice and make our policy available to the public
- Through our Board of Directors and with support from our in-house sustainability manager, we commit to the continual improvement of our environmental performance
- All staff will be encouraged to assist with the successful implementation of this policy